Designing Effective Training
Use the field's best practices to create your member trainings
Member training and development is a unique benefit of joining AmeriCorps and a goal of national service. The resources and information in this section will help you get the most out of your training and development activities, whether you are developing new training or adapting existing training and development to suit your needs.
- Developing a Training Calendar See how other programs incorporate training into the service term and download sample calendars.
- Designing Training for Adult Learners Learn about effective learning outcomes, different learning styles, and how to plan and conduct a learning session for adults.
- Maximizing Your Training Budget Gain tips for stretching your training dollar.
- Using Games to Foster Teamwork Learn how to use games to foster teamwork and download examples of games to use as-is or to customize for your group.
- Using Reflection Activities Learn how to help members put their service experiences in context and apply new insights to future experiences; this section includes a number of useful reflection activities.
- Promoting Service-Learning Learn how to ensure an excellent service-learning experience.
Go on to Developing a Training Calendar